The microscope highlight: Cardiac fibroblast under flow
- Cardiac fibroblasts form one of the largest cell populations, in terms of cell numbers, in the heart. They contribute to structural, biochemical, mechanical and electrical properties of the myocardium. [Source]
- The flow conditions were 7.5 ml/min inducing shear stress of 0.33 Pa / 3.3 dyn/cm2 (the flow direction is from top to bottom of the image)
The experiment lasted 1 day and 19 hours.
Experiment in the highlight is:
- Live Cell Microscopy experiment from an incubator of our laboratory
- We produce and use our own browser based microscope with 10x magnification that can live image from an incubator.
- Subscribe to learn more about the newest in-vivo like biology research: